Liposuction surgery in Newcastle is generally performed in the same manner although techniques may vary. For the past years‚ these techniques have also revolved over time. Some of which are no longer recommended as it may have involve certain aspects that could lessen its effectiveness while others may have been developed to catch up with the latest innovations these days. Here are some of the techniques used in liposuction procedure:
Liposuction Procedure Options
- Tumescent Technique. A large amount of local anesthetic such as lidocaine and capillary constrictor such as epinephrine‚ is injected into the subcutaneous fat to make the targeted tissues swollen and firm (tumescent) followed by suction-assisted aspiration of fat deposits. Generally‚ the portion of lidocaine administered can provide complete local anesthesia which eliminates the need for general anesthesia or IV sedation while the amount of epinephrine introduced can eliminate cases of surgical bleeding during the liposuction operation in Newcastle.
- Ultrasonic Assisted Liposuction (UAL). This technique uses high-pitched sound waves to dissolve fat deposits in areas to be treated. It is predominantly indicated for hard-to-reach areas like the ankles‚ calves‚ cheeks‚ chin‚ knees and neck.
- Vaser Liposuction (LipoSelection). This innovation also makes use of ultrasonic (high-pitched) sound waves to emulsify fat deposits in your body which are then suctioned out through the aid of a special cannula.
- Power Assisted Techniques (PAL). It features certain devices that use power which are supplied by an electric motor or compressed air to generate rapid‚ small vibrations to break down fatty tissues so that it will be easier to remove through a suction cannula. Such devices also contain qualities that make it easier for the surgeon to control and facilitate accurate and efficient fat removal.
- Laser Liposuction. This technique uses wave of laser light to fuel the production of collagen needed for skin tightening needed in liposuction such as in Newcastle. It delivers laser energy from deep within the skin layer to target cells for stimulation. This method does not directly affect the outer layer of the skin thus damage will be reduced.
- SmartLipo. It is the leading laser-assisted liposuction procedure formulated to disrupt fat cells and coagulate soft tissue thereby promoting tissue retraction.
- CoolLipo. It also uses laser wavelengths to emulsify fatty tissues and tighten the skin. It is designed to treat smaller areas of the body like the face‚ neck and chin.
- ProLipo PLUS (Laser Sciton). This laser-assisted technique is intended for specific and accurate contouring of the body. It normally uses local anesthetic and the use of laser liposuction Newcastle reduces the probability of bleeding and bruising.
- Water Jet Assisted Liposuction. This method uses a slightly pressurized stream of saline to loosen fat cells which make it easier to suction out of the body.
- Wet Technique. A certain amount of fluid consists of local anesthetic lidocaine‚ intravenous salt solution and adrenaline (blood vessel constrictor) is injected into the areas of your body to be treated. Your surgeon will then make an incision into your skin where a thin tube or cannula will be inserted. The tube will then be moved back and forth into the fatty tissue while a vacuum pump or a syringe will suction the fat deposits out of your body.
- Super Wet Technique. A general anesthesia is injected so that your doctor at Newcastle liposuction can make an incision into your skin. A special cannula will then be inserted as channel for the administration of a large amount of solution that consists of saline‚ lidocaine (only half of the amount injected with tumescent technique) and epinephrine. The mixture of the solution will help in removing fat deposits much easier and blood loss during the surgery will relatively be reduced.
- Dry Technique. This technique is no longer used these days due to the amount of blood that is loss during the operation since the specific area to be treated with liposuction is not injected with local anesthesia.
Liposuction Newcastle or any other medical facilities may use different techniques depending on the amount of fats to be removed and the area to be treated. They may differ in the process‚ but their goal is the same – to remove unwanted and excess fats in the body. Before getting yourself into liposuction‚ always assess first the capabilities of your surgeon and the medical facility.
Date Modified - 11/30/2018